Liberty PSYC 575 Cognitive Psychology Entire Class
Get Liberty PSYC 575 Cognitive Psychology Entire Class
Course Description :
Discussion of theory and research in cognitive psychology. Topics include attention, memory, language, learning, reasoning, and decision-making. (Crosslisted with MSPS 531)
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The purpose of this course is to develop an advanced understanding of the major concepts, theories, methodologies, and empirical findings of contemporary cognitive psychology. The course will also help students develop the skills necessary to understand and critique research in the field of cognitive psychology. As the emerging field of cognitive neuroscience is becoming an increasing influence on our understanding of how the brain works, special attention will be given to the neurological mechanisms thought to be responsible for cognitive phenomena.
Measurable Learning Outcomes :
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Articulate major theories and concepts in cognitive psychology.
- Evaluate empirical evidence in the field of cognitive psychology.
- Articulate the basic neurobiological mechanisms of cognitive processes.
- Critically evaluate major theories of memory and attention.
- Discuss a biblical worldview as it relates to the critical issues pertaining to cognitive psychology.
Course Assignment Detail :
Textbook readings and lecture presentations :
Course Requirements Checklist :
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions (3) :
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences.
- Therefore, the student is required to provide a discussion thread in response to the provided promptly for each discussion.
- Each discussion thread must be at least 500 words, demonstrate course-related knowledge, and include at least 3 scholarly sources, not including the course text and/or Bible.
- In addition to the discussion thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates’ discussion threads.
- Each discussion reply must be at least 200 words.
Journal Article Summary Assignments (4) :
Throughout the course, the student will use a provided template to write 4 article summaries. The article selected must be a peer-reviewed journal article in the field of cognitive psychology. The article must also be a primary source, meaning that the authors are discussing their own research, not others’ research (e.g. review articles). All material must be in the current APA format.
Research Paper Assignment :
Research Paper: Outline and Reference Page Assignment :
The student will submit an outline and reference page of at least 5 references in the current APA format that supports the research paper.
Research Paper: Final Submission Assignment :
The student will write a 12–14-page research paper in the current APA format discussing and evaluating the current research in the field of false memories. The paper must have a reference page of at least 12 peer-reviewed journal articles.
Quizzes (4) :
Each quiz will cover the Learn material for the modules prior to its due date. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain 40 multiple-choice questions, and have a 1-hour time limit. Each quiz allows 1 attempt.