Liberty PSYC 565 Psychology of Learning Entire Course
Buy Guided Liberty PSYC 565 Psychology of Learning Entire Course
Advanced study of associative learning. Special emphasis on instrumental conditioning, motivation, and affect as they relate to the field of developmental psychology.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
Check out our further courses and programs by visiting liberty university.
The purpose of this course is to provide the student with an advanced understanding of the major concepts, theories, methodologies, and empirical findings of contemporary cognitive psychology. The course will emphasize how these theories can be applied to practical problems associated with the field of developmental psychology.
This course will also facilitate the development of skills necessary to understand and critique research in the field of learning.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Name and apply the major concepts of development.
- Summarize similarities and differences among major theories of development.
- Interpret behaviors by using developmental theories.
- Access and use empirical research articles to evaluate developmental issues.
- Design a research study to investigate developmental issues.
- Compare developmental concepts and theories to relevant biblical passages.
- Review developmental research outcomes in comparison with biblical concepts.
- Communicate effectively in written, oral, and technological formats.
Course Assignment Detail
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences.
- Therefore, the student is required to submit a discussion thread of at least 500 words.
- For the discussion thread, the student must support his/her assertions with at least 3 different peer-reviewed journal articles and cite the articles using the current APA style.
- In addition to the discussion thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates’ discussion threads.
- Each discussion reply must be at least 200 words.
Article Review Assignments (2)
The student will submit an article review form for an article that he/she intends to use in his/her research paper.
Research Paper: Outline and References Assignment
The student will submit an outline detailing the major topic areas they plan to cover in the paper and a reference page of at least 5 references in the current APA format that supports the research paper.
Research Paper: Presentation Assignment
The students will submit a 25-slide presentation highlighting the information discussed in their paper.
Research Paper: Final Assignment
The student will write a research-based paper of at least 10 pages in the current APA format. The paper will discuss a learning principle and the current research that applies that principle to a psychological disorder or issue (e.g. substance abuse, anxiety, education, motivation). The paper must have at least 10 references.
Overall Quizzes (4)
Each quiz will cover assigned reading for the two modules prior to the scheduled date of the quiz (reading assigned since the previous quiz). Each quiz will include 40 multiple-choice questions, will be open-book/open-notes, be worth up to 135 points, and will have a 1-hour time limit.