Liberty PSYC 515 Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology II Entire Class



Liberty PSYC 515 Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology II Entire Class 


Course Description :

This course examines advanced research methodology and statistical techniques for psychological research. This course equips students to design, conduct, and present research using APA formatting guidelines. A computer software package is used for the analysis of data. (Crosslisted with MSPS 505)

For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.

Rationale :

The purpose of this course is to provide a further understanding of research methods. This course will build on previous course work and guide students through the decision-making process regarding the selection of appropriate analytic techniques, interpretation of statistical results, and presentation of data and findings.

Measurable Learning Outcomes :

Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:

Check out our further courses and programs by visiting liberty university.

  1. Select the appropriate statistical test to analyze and interpret psychological data produced by different research designs.
  2. Use SPSS statistical software to analyze psychological data.
  3. Determine whether statistical results support hypotheses of psychological studies.
  4. Communicate the results of data analysis in appropriate APA format in written and technological forms.

Course Assignment :

Textbook readings and lecture presentations :

Course Requirements Checklist :

After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.

Discussions (2) :

Discussions are collaborative learning experiences.

  • This is most useful in research methods when seeking feedback from peers and disseminating research results.
  • Therefore, in this course, each student will create two threads as part of the multi-stage Lab Project.
  • Each thread must be at least 600 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge.
  • Students will also reply to at least 2 other classmates’ threads for each assignment.
  • All replies must be at least 150 words. Assertions must be supported by citations as needed.
  • These assignments align with the following MLOs: A, B, C, and D.

Homework Assignments (8) :

The student will complete weekly homework exercises. These homework exercises assess knowledge and application of current and previous assigned readings and presentations. These assignments align with the following MLOs: A, B, C, and D.

Lab Project Assignments (multi-stage) :

This collection of assignments will give the student an opportunity to develop a research question, read published research relevant to the proposed research question, choose a research design, collect data, run a statistical test, interpret the results, and present them in written form using professional conventions. Instructions from the Institutional Review Board regarding how to administer this survey must be followed. These assignments align with the following MLOs: A, B, C, and D.

Overall Quizzes (4) :

The student will complete 4 quizzes. Each quiz will be cumulative and open-book/open-notes. Approximately 75% of the material will be from the most current two modules; the remaining 25% is cumulative. Each quiz will have a time limit of 1 hour and 30 minutes and will contain 40 multiple-choice questions. These assignments align with the following MLOs: A and C.



We are glad that you preferred to contact us. Please fill our short form and one of our friendly team members will contact you back.