Liberty NURS 523 Financial and Resource Management for Nurse Leaders Entire Class
Help With Liberty NURS 523 Financial and Resource Management for Nurse Leaders Entire Class
The course focuses on financial and resource management for the nurse leader. The course provides students the skills and knowledge to perform a variety of functions related to financial and resource management including budgetary functions such as operating, expense, revenue, capital, and performance budgets, planning, controlling, management of costs associated with staff/skill mix, and cost analysis. Key concepts such as strategic management, limb, easement and pay and or mix, and forecasting economic and marketing factors are explored for decision making. Students will be required to perform financial and budgeting operations and spreadsheet analysis using Microsoft® Excel. For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
Please consult Liberty University for details on the requirements for this course.
- This course provides the financial and resource management skills and knowledge required for nursing administrators to operate health care systems in today’s changing economic climate.
- The course meets the standards of graduate-level nursing education articulated by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and the American Nurses Association’s Scope and Standards for Nursing Administration.
Measurable Learning Conclusions:
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the United States (U.S.) health care system and the role of key healthcare system stakeholders.
- Analyze cost, revenue, and expense data related to financial operations for the health care unit/division and organization.
- Evaluate methods such as forecasting used for the development of capital and operating budgets for nursing/health care services.
- Discuss key issues impacting decision-making in health care resource management such as strategic planning and program budgeting.
- Analyze costs and other issues related to recruiting and retaining staff through performance budgeting.
- Define key advantages of cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness analysis.
- Examine the intricate relationships among health care financing, costs, and quality of care.
- Discuss legal and ethical considerations in resource management from a Christian worldview.
Course Assignment Details:
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Total No. of Discussion Assignments (3)
Discussion assignments are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to submit a thread in response to the provided promptly for each forum. Each thread must be at least 500 words, demonstrate course-related knowledge, and cite at least 2 scholarly sources published within the last 5 years. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 classmates’ threads. Each reply must be at least 250 words and cite at least 1 scholarly source published within the last 5 years. All posts must follow the current APA format and include a reference list. All threads must also include a title formatted as it would be in a formal paper. PLO12 & 13 – ANA Standard 16 – Essential II.3 – II.5
Financial Exercise Assignments (3)
- The student will respond to a series of questions specific to finance and its role in nurse administration.
- The student may use the textbook and scholarly texts and articles published within the last 5 years to complete each exercise.
- Any citations from the textbook or other sources must follow the current APA format.
- Each Financial Exercise must include a title page and a reference page in the current APA format.
- PLO12 – ANA Standard 16 – Essential II.3 – II.5
Resource Management Paper Assignment:
The student will develop a 10 – 15-page paper on an aspect of resource management of his or her choice. This assignment will be submitted in 2 parts. Each part of the assignment must follow the current APA format. PLO12 & 13 – ANA Standard 16 and 7 – Essential II.3 – II.5 – III.8 – VI.1 – IX. 8 – IX.10
Annotated Bibliography Assignment:
The student will submit an annotated bibliography related to finance and resource management. This bibliography must include 7 – 10 annotated peer-reviewed references published within the last 5 years.
Final Draft Assignment:
- The student will write a 10 – 15-page paper. This paper must include a title page, an abstract, an introduction, a body with proper headings, recommendations, conclusions, and a reference page.
- The paper must include 7 – 10 scholarly references published within the last 5 years.
- The title page, abstract, and reference page are not included in the length requirement.
Question Set Assignment:
The student will answer a set of 8 questions that are reflective and applicative to resource management. The student may use the textbook and scholarly texts and articles published within the last 5 years to complete the Question Set Assignment. Any citations from the textbook or other sources must follow the current APA format. Each Question Set must include a title page and a reference page in the current APA format. PLO12 – ANA Standard 16 – Essential II.3 – II.5
This quiz will cover the Learn material for the assigned module/week. This quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain 10 multiple-choice and true/false questions, and have a 1-hour time limit. PLO12- ANA Standard 16 – Essential II.3 and II.5