Liberty Solution NURS 500 Research Entire Class
Help With Liberty Solution NURS 500 Research Entire Class
Please consult Liberty University for details on the requirements for this course.
This course expands upon research knowledge acquired at the baccalaureate level and focuses on an in-depth study of the research process, theory-based research, data collection and analysis methods, and application of nursing and related research findings to nursing practice. The importance of evidence-based practice is emphasized. Quantitative and qualitative methodologies are examined. For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
This course aims to improve patient outcomes by equipping the student with the knowledge and skills needed to provide advanced-practice nursing care based on research and an evidence-based approach.
Measurable Learning Conclusions:
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to
- Assess areas of nursing practice for potential research questions utilizing a Christian worldview. PLO 1, 3, 6
- Analyze the role of Evidenced-Based Practice and its relationship to nursing research and practice. PLO 1, 2, 3
- Apply the research process to develop research questions and designs in the area of nursing practice. PLO 1, 2, 3
- Construct a literature review related to a specific research question. PLO 1, 2
- Evaluate measurement and statistical analysis used in nursing research studies. PLO 1, 2, 3, 5
- Formulate a quality research proposal applicable to nursing practice. PLO 1, 2, 3,5
- Incorporate the ability to disseminate nursing research findings into nursing practice. PLO 1, 2, 5. 7
- Combine a Christian worldview and ethical approach to the generation and use of nursing research. PLO 1, 3, 4, 6
Course Homework Outline:
Textbook readings and lecture presentations/notes
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Total No. of Discussions Sessions (2)
- There will be 2 Discussions throughout the course.
- The purpose of Discussions is to generate interaction among students in regard to relevant, current course topics.
- Each thread must be at least 500 words, be supported by at least 2 scholarly sources, and include the integration of a Christian worldview with supporting scripture.
- The integration of the Christian worldview must be applicable to the topic of the discussion and supported by Scripture.
- In addition to the thread, you are required to reply to 2 other classmates threads. Each reply must be 250 words and supported by at least 1 source.
- Acceptable sources include the textbook and peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Each reply must also include the integration of a Christian worldview with supporting scripture.
- This must be relevant to the topic of your reply
- You must type into the text box; word attachments will not be accepted.
Development of a Patient, Intervention, Comparison, and Outcome (PICO) Question Assignment
The student will have the opportunity to develop a clinical question to support an evidence-based practice or research project. This will be on a topic related to your Discussion from AQHR.
The literature matrix assignment is an organizational tool to help you prepare for writing the literature review section of your research paper. This assignment is designed to introduce you to LIS databases and other information sources and get you started on your information community research.
- To effectively structure a research study, a centralized research question will be designed.
- This will frame specifically your focus and interest in research to make your study produce more significant results.
- After this, an effective design must be identified, built, and tested to complete the study.
- This stage is formative for the rest of the proposal that you will produce.
- The purpose of this assignment is to increase awareness of the ethical issues related to research.
- There are multiple ethical principles that must be considered when conducting a research study.
- In this assignment participant. protection is primary to understand.
- This goes beyond HIPPA as HIPPA is related to patient medical issues and medical record privacy.
- A research proposal requires multiple other issues of privacy.
The purpose of this assignment is to develop your understanding of how the process portion of a research proposal is constructed. In this assignment, you will focus on the following elements: study setting, sampling, data collection for the study setting, and a description of where the study will take place. This description will need to be very specific. The sampling and data collection sections should be congruent with the research design that was chosen and explained in the research design section.
This assignment continues the development of the methodology section of the research proposal. The analysis of data will be dependent on the type of data you are collecting. A decision matrix is present in your reading. The data analysis description should be specific and detailed. The last sections are based on this assignment and past assignments. The “anticipated results” is your assessment of what you think the data will show you. This is speculation on your part. Then you will analyze the strength and weaknesses of your study. The final step is to propose what future research should be done.
Research Proposal: Final Assignment
A final paper will be submitted in this course. This will combine all of the above elements into one continuous paper. This paper will be turned in through Turnitin. The complete proposal will be 12-15 pages with proper APA formatting applied throughout. There will be 12–15 cumulative references included. A major grading segment in this paper will be whether or not feedback has been applied. The student will have received feedback on content and formatting throughout each of the sections. the student is expected to review the feedback and make any corrections before submitting the final paper.