Buy Guided Liberty PSYC 868 Social Psychology of the Digital Age Entire Course
Browse our liberty university list for assistance if you need it with other classes.
Course Description :
In this course, students will consider the specific challenges and opportunities in the field of psychology that is affected by the ever-changing digital world. Consideration will be given to such concepts as associated with the online and digital world with advertising, parenting, abuse/bullying, and mental health.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
This course is a specific look at how the online world is influencing and changing the individual and the general population. As the shift from face-to-face conversations changes to face time, texting replaces voice interactions, and virtual reality influences the next generation, how will these changes look? This course introduces looks at the way online interactions affect the psychology of the person and prepare for the potential changes in our society. In a deeper understanding of the impact of the online and digital world on the individual themselves.
Measurable Learning Outcomes :
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the changing challenges to our society and the profession of psychology as it continues to evolve with technology.
- Explore current and past research about the influence of technology.
- Compare the various perspectives found in current research.
- Utilize Journal articles to support individuals’ understanding of the complexity of this topic.
- Demonstrate competence in addressing related issues from a Biblical worldview perspective.
Course Assignment Summary :
Textbook readings and lecture presentations/notes :
Course Requirements Checklist :
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions (8) :
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences.
- Therefore, the student is required to post a thread in response to the provided prompt for each discussion.
- Each thread must include at least 700 words and must demonstrate course-related knowledge.
- In addition to the initial thread, the student is required to post three unique reply comments to their classmates’ threads.
- Each reply must include at least 450 words.
Article Review Assignments (4) :
Students will present 4 article review papers that demonstrate understanding of the topic addressed. Articles reviewed must be from peer-reviewed journals and must have been published in the past five years. Students will utilize the current APA format, and present the article specifics, outcomes, limitations, and connection to their specific topic. The articles reviewed will be used in the final research paper.
Research Paper: Topic Proposal Assignment :
The student will decide on a topic and find references for his or her Research Paper. The student will be required to cite the textbook and 8 peer-reviewed journal articles in the current APA style. All peer-reviewed articles must report on original research.
Research Paper: Outline Assignment :
The student will submit an outline clearly noting how the student will be addressing the topic of the paper. This will also include the list of references that the student is using. This paper should show the student’s work and progress on this assignment. The student can also include any questions or problems encountered for support or help.
Research Paper: Final Assignment :
The student will write an 8-12 page research-based paper in the current APA format that focuses on a research topic of the student’s own choosing from the provided list or with prior approval. The paper must include at least 8-10 reference(s) in addition to the course textbook and the Bible.