Liberty NURS 833 Higher Educational Leadership Entire Class
Help With Liberty NURS 833 Higher Educational Leadership Entire Class
This course examines various topics relevant to nursing leaders in higher education. Leadership demands specific to higher education are examined. The structure and function of college and university settings are explored. Current issues that affect higher education are discussed.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
This course prepares the student for leadership roles in higher education.
Measurable Learning Results:
with Liberty University, increase course views.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze the role of and the demands specific to the Nurse Leader in higher education
- Examine leadership theories and concepts and apply them to the university and/or college setting
- Create a plan for the assessment and evaluation of a nursing school/department environment taking into consideration excellence, rigor, and professionalism.
- Examine current issues in nursing higher education
Course Assignment Explanation:
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Total No. of Discussion Assignments (3)
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to submit a thread in response to the provided prompt. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 classmates’ threads. The initial post and replies should be thorough; therefore, no word count requirement is mandated. The student must support each thread and reply with appropriately cited sources in the current APA format. (MLO: A, B, C)
Leadership Reflection Assignment
- After reading the week’s assigned chapters, the student will write a 3-page paper in the current APA format covering topics related to his or her personal leadership skills and abilities.
- The student will conduct a literature review of Leadership Theories commonly seen in institutions of higher education and choose one theory to guide their current practice/learning experiences.
- The student will complete one of the suggested self-assessment inventories (Ruben & Brent: Chapter 11) and the Leadership Competency Scorecard (Appendix B in Ruben & Brent) following the directions at the end of Chapter 11 (pg.180).
- Reviewing the Scorecard and the Inventory Tool results, the student will create a personal plan of leadership as directed at the end of Chapter 11.
- The student should create 2 – 3 SMART goals as part of his or her plan.
- These goals will be formatted in the provided document and submitted with the paper.
- Must include 2 scholarly sources. (MLO: A, B)
Academic Culture Evaluation Assignment
Students will evaluate the school he or she currently teaches at or one he or she is personally connected to (such as a previously attended school, if he or she is not currently teaching). Please use pseudonyms for the school and leaders you are assessing. The paper must be 3 pages long and utilize 2 scholarly sources. (MLO: A, B, C, D)
Academic Stakeholders Spreadsheet Assignment
The student will complete a review of stakeholders in Nursing Education, through an evaluation of stakeholders for the school he or she currently teaches at or one he or she is personally connected to (such as a previously attended school, if he or she is not currently teaching). Please use pseudonyms for the school and leaders you are assessing. At least 8 stakeholders must be considered. The evaluation must be on the provided document, including a title page, and a reference page.
Academic Mission/Vision Statement Assignment
The student will evaluate the mission, vision, and purpose of his or her university/college and school/department of nursing. The student will then create a mission/vision statement for the school he or she currently teaches at or one he or she is personally connected to (such as a previously attended school, if he or she is not currently teaching). Please use pseudonyms for the school and leaders you are assessing. The paper must be 3 pages long and utilize 2 scholarly sources. (MLO: A, B, C, D)
Academic Assessment and Accreditation Assignment
The student will study the accreditation of major nursing school accreditation organizations as well as his or her institutional/regional accreditation agency. The student will write a 5 – 7 page paper in current APA format assessing accreditation standards and organizations for a nursing school/department and complete a spreadsheet outlining the differences and similarities between the organizations. Four scholarly sources must be used. (MLO: A, B, C, D)
Academic School/Department Plan for Success Assignment
The student will write a 6 – 8 page paper in the current APA format creating a plan for the success of a nursing school/department based on the previous assessment outcomes. The plan will review the Internal culture of the school/department, Stakeholder engagement, Mission/Vision awareness, and Assessment/Accreditation outcomes. (MLO: A, B, C, D)
Leadership Competency Evaluation Assignment
The student will write a 4-page paper in the current APA format covering topics related to his or her personal leadership skills and abilities. Reviewing the SMART goals and assessment from Module 1, the student will re-evaluate their growth and create updated SMART goals. Must include 2 scholarly sources. (MLO: A, B, C, D)