Liberty NURS 713 Advanced Pharmacology for Nurse Practitioners Entire Course
Get Help With Liberty NURS 713 Advanced Pharmacology for Nurse Practitioners Entire Course
This course is designed to provide the clinical application of the pharmacology and pharmacotherapeutics of common conditions and diseases across the lifespan encountered by the advanced practice nurse in primary care. The role of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics will be applied. Emphasis is on the development of client-centered prescriptive decisions within the context of outcomes, safety, quality, and costs.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
If you need guidance making a decision, have a look at my suggested necessary courses at Liberty University. Advanced pharmacology knowledge is essential for the Family Nurse Practitioner. This course provides a foundation for the Family Nurse Practitioner student with the knowledge to prescribe and evaluate pharmacotherapy for clients across the lifespan. Students will be afforded the opportunity to learn and evaluate pharmacotherapeutic regimens in various disease states. The course helps meet standards of graduate-level nursing education as articulated by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Practice Nursing. This course meets the standards of nurse practitioner doctoral education as articulated by the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF).
Measurable Learning Brief Overview:
Upon completion of this course the post-BSN to DNP/FNP the student will be able to:
- Comprehend and apply the pharmacotherapeutics of broad categories of drugs (DNP Essentials- I, III, VI, VII, VIII; NTF 2016 IIIB, IIIC1; NONPF 2017 Scientific Foundation 1, 2; Independent Practice 3; LU PLO-1, 3, 4, 5, 6).
- Analyze the relationship between pharmacologic agents and physiological/pathologic responses (DNP Essentials- I, III, VI, VII, VIII; NTF 2016 IIIB, IIIC1; NONPF 2017 Scientific Foundation 1, 2; Independent Practice 3; LU PLO-1, 3, 4, 5, 6).
- Understand and apply the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of drugs in the care of patients across the lifespan (DNP Essentials I, III, VI, VII, VIII; NTF 2016 IIIB, IIIC1, IIIC2; NONPF 2017 Scientific Foundation 1; LU PLO-1, 3, 4, 5, 6).
- Understand the motivations of patients seeking pharmacotherapy and the willingness to adhere to prescribed regimens (DNP Essentials I, III, VI, VII, VIII; NTF 2016 IIIB, IIIC1; NONPF 2017 Scientific Foundation 1, 2, Independent Practice 3, 4; LU PLO 1, 3, 5, 6).
- Safely and appropriately select pharmacologic agents for the management of patient health problems across the lifespan taking into account individual variations and cost-effectiveness (DNP Essentials I, III, VI, VII, VIII; NTF 2016 IIIB, IIIC1, IIIC2; NONPF 2017 Leadership 4, Quality 1; LU PLO-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6).
- Develop age-appropriate pharmacotherapy plans (DNP Essentials I, III, VI, VII, VIII; NTF 2016 IIIB, IIIC1, IIIC2; NONPF 2017 Scientific Foundation 1, 2, Leadership 4, Quality 1; LU PLO-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).
- Integrate a Christian worldview into the initiation and development of pharmacotherapy plans in the advanced practice nursing role (DNP Essentials I, III NONPF 2017 Independent Practice 4c; LU PLO 7).
Course Assignment Description:
Textbook readings and lecture presentations/notes
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Ethics Essay Question Assignment:
The student will select 1 of several provided current ethical issues, research that issue, and prepare a 1-page response written in the current APA format. The written response must describe the ethical issue, cite 2 applicable biblical and ethical principles, and expound on the proper role or conduct of the Christian advanced nurse practitioner regarding the ethical issue.
Shadow Health Assignments (13)
The student will complete the orientation, the conversation concept lab, 6 patient cases (grade dependent on student performance), and 3 drug-based concept labs as part of the curriculum. Google Chrome must be used with this program.
MS TEAMS Discussions (2)
Two discussions will occur via MS TEAMS during the 8-week course as scheduled in the course schedule. The topic of the discussion will vary based on the needs of the student. After the discussion, the student will submit validation of participation to the quiz link verifying completion.
Davis Edge Learning Resource Assignments (13)
The student will complete 13 therapeutic topics and 20-question quizzes related to the textbook reading in the Davis Edge Learning Resource platform and submit the completion certificates to Canvas.
Davis Edge Case Study Assignments (2)
The student will complete two case studies as assigned in the course curriculum. The cases must be a minimum of 250 words and completed in the current APA format. The student will post his or her case study using the designated assignment link.
Total No. of Quizzes (4)
Three units of quizzes will cover the Learn material for the assigned Module: Weeks. Each quiz will be closed-book/closed-notes, contain 50 multiple-choice questions, and have a 75-minute time limit. A comprehensive final quiz will contain 100 multiple-choice questions and have a 150-minute time limit. Each quiz must be completed in one setting within the required time limit. Proctorio will be utilized to maintain testing integrity.
- Always use the Chrome web browser when taking a Proctorio-enabled quiz.
- Make sure you have the Proctorio Chrome extension installed
- Make sure your computer has a working webcam & microphone
- When you are on your course page in Canvas, you can access 24/7 live chat for any questions that you may have
- To access live chat, click on the gray shield icon in the top right-hand corner of your Chrome browser
- Additional methods to contact support:
- Local Phone Number: (480) 428-4089
- Toll-Free Phone Number: (866) 948-9248
- Email: [email protected]
- Access the help and support center through the Proctorio Chrome extension
- Articles on problems that may be experienced and general information
- No need to schedule quiz, simply go into Canvas and take the quiz that your instructor has provided to you
- Data Security – Only your institution has access to your quiz attempt, not Proctorio nor anyone else
- Find a quiet, comfortable location to take your quiz
Take the Proctorio practice quiz your instructor has provided you to prepare for actual exams.