Liberty NURS 711 Advanced Physiology/Pathophysiology Entire Course
Buy Guided Liberty NURS 711 Advanced Physiology Pathophysiology Entire Course
This course provides the student with an understanding of physiology and pathophysiology for advanced practice nurses. An emphasis on homeostasis, systems interactions, and pathophysiology will be the foundation for case-based learning of common diseases and conditions seen in primary care.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog. If you need assistance deciding, have a look at my suggested Liberty University major courses.
Advanced Practice Nurses must possess an advanced understanding of physiology and pathophysiology to make clinical decisions, and manage diseases and conditions at the APRN level serving clients across the life span and special populations frequently encountered in the clinical setting. A system-based approach and Interactive Case Based Learning supports the application of theory, interdisciplinary clinical research, and evidence-based practice to advance understandings of clinical prevention, disease, and dysfunction, including genetics, epigenetics, cellular, organ, and system pathophysiologic alterations, clinical manifestations, evaluation, and treatment.
Measurable Learning Results:
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate evidence-based practice and research to expand understanding of physiology and pathophysiology to make clinical decisions, and manage disease, and conditions at the advanced-practice nurse level. (PLO 1, DNP Essentials I, NONPF Scientific Foundation Competencies 1–3.)
- Appraise Christian principles, policy, ethical, social, and legal considerations to provide client-centered clinical decision-making which incorporates clients’ attitudes, values, beliefs, and cultural/religious background. (PLO 7 DNP Essentials V, NONPF Ethics Competencies 3, Policy Competencies 3.)
- Analyze and interpret pathophysiologic findings through a system approach, clinical manifestations, and diagnostic and laboratory tests to prevent disease, and manage disease and conditions. (PLO 5, DNP Essentials, NONPF Scientific Foundation Competencies 1–3.)
- Demonstrate knowledge of genetics, genomics, and technology to provide client risk assessment; provide genetic education, counseling, testing, and results from interpretation (PLO 1, 4, 5, DNP Essentials IV, NONPF Technology and Information Literacy Competencies 1.)
Course Homework Explanation:
Textbook readings, class meetings, and lecture presentations/notes
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussion: Patho Essential Presentations (8)
This assignment provides the opportunity for students to research and present an assigned topic. You will develop an understanding of physiology and pathophysiology to make clinical decisions, and manage disease, and conditions at the advanced practice nurse level. Using the Patho Essentials Presentations submitted to the Discussion: Patho Essentials Presentation Assignment: Video Discussion in each module, you will provide a peer review to your classmates. Peer review, as well as exposure to broader concepts within the field of Physiology and Pathophysiology, is crucial to your growth as a scholar. You will engage in constructive criticism to help your peers improve as well as improve from the feedback of others.
Patho Grand Rounds Case Study Assignment (2)
- The student will meet via MS Teams with the professor and classmates at the appointed time.
- The student will complete assignments in preparation for class participation and activities.
Total No. of Quizzes (7)
- Quizzes will be administered throughout the course based on designated course materials.
- The student will complete the quiz using proctor testing software in the course platform. Quizzes will consist of 25 multiple-choice questions.
Quiz: Final Comprehensive Examination
A final comprehensive examination will be administered at the end of the course. Proctor testing software will be used in the course platform to administer the exam.