Liberty NURS 668 Health/Wellness Capstone Project Entire Course
Get Liberty NURS 668 Health/Wellness Capstone Project Entire Course
This capstone course is designed for health/wellness majors who are in the last semester of their Health Services graduate degree program. With guidance from the course professor, students will develop a health-oriented educational program, based on current research. For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
For information on the prerequisites for this course, contact Liberty University.
To provide students with the opportunity to take what they have learned in their academic program, and from their health/wellness cognate courses in particular, and incorporate it into a project that will benefit both the student and possibly agencies and selected people groups in need of health-related information.
Measurable Learning Conclusions:
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze research related to health promotion and disease prevention.
- Demonstrate scholarly writing skills through the integration of primary source material related to a specific issue in the health/wellness field.
- Apply concepts and research in the health/wellness field to a specific population.
- Integrate previous course work, current research, Christian worldview, and instructor feedback in completing a major paper that contributes to the health/wellness field or can be used in the student’s professional practice after graduation.
Course Homework Description:
Article readings, sample papers, and presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in Module/Week 1.
Discussion Board Forums (2)
- The student will complete 2 Discussion Board Forums throughout the course.
- The student is required to post an initial thread of at least 300 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday of Modules/Weeks 4 and 8, and 2 replies of at least 100 words each are due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 4 and Friday of Module/Week 8.
Summary of Learning
- The student will write a summary of the knowledge gained from previous nursing courses.
- This paper must be at least 3 pages in length and formatted to APA style guidelines.
- This assignment is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 1.
The student will complete this paper in 5 parts:
- List of Possible Resources
The student will provide a full citation in APA format for at least 10 journal articles that can be used as references for the Capstone Paper. This assignment should be 1–2 pages in length and must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 2.
- Literature Review
The student will review a minimum of 10 journal articles, with at least one from a Christian- or Biblically- oriented journal, and write an 8–10 page review of the literature in APA format. This assignment must include a reference page of 10–15 resources, be submitted through SafeAssign, and is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 4.
- Education Program
The student will create an Education Program based on the results of his/her Literature Review. The Education Program must be 5–7 pages in length and must include a reference page of 10–15 references in APA format. This assignment must be submitted through SafeAssign and is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 5.
- First Draft
The student will submit a First Draft of the Capstone Paper in order to obtain instructor feedback. The First Draft must be 13–17 pages and must include a reference page of 10–15 resources in APA format. This assignment is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 6.
- Final Draft
The student will submit a Final Draft of the capstone paper including a title page, abstract, introduction, literature review, description of the education project, conclusion, references, tables, and appendices. The final paper must be 13–17 pages in length and must include a reference page of 10–15 resources in APA format. This assignment must be submitted through SafeAssign and is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Friday of Module/Week 8.