Liberty NURS 489 Leadership in Nursing Entire Course
Buy Guided Liberty NURS 489 Leadership in Nursing Entire Course
The nurse needs to have leadership and management skills. This experience will provide the student with the opportunity to develop and apply management skills that are relevant to current practice.
Observable Learning Results:
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply the principles of group dynamics to nursing situations. BSN Essentials II, PLO II, IV
- Create a plan to assist in effective change in the delivery of health care to clients in the healthcare system. BSN Essentials II, PLO II
- Analyze communication, cooperation, and delegation between members within the healthcare organization. BSN II, IV, Vl, PLO VII,
- Discuss a Christian philosophy of nursing leadership within healthcare organizations. BSN I, II, PLO V,
- Demonstrate ethical responsibility and accountability for nursing actions. BSN IV, V, VII, PLO V,
- Describe the factors involved in effective delegation within the healthcare organization. BSN III, VII, PLO IV,
- Discuss the importance of using effective communication techniques when dealing with specific patient situations. BSN II, IV, VI, PLO IV
- Discuss examples of selected leader(s) in nursing that demonstrate effective leadership techniques. BSN I, II, PLO IV
Course Homework Outline:
Textbook readings and presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions Sessions (4)
- The purpose of Discussions is to generate interaction among students in regard to relevant current course topics.
- Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to post one thread of at least 400 words in response to the provided promptly for each discussion. For each thread, assertions must be supported with at least two citations in the current APA format.
- The student must then post two replies of at least 200 words each.
- Each reply must cite at least one source and incorporate one biblical reference.
- Acceptable sources include course textbooks, the Bible, scholarly journal articles, and other texts.
- BSN Essential II, IV, MLO D, PLO VII
Servant Leader Interview Assignment
The student must choose three to five questions from a provided list and interview a nurse who displays servant leadership qualities. The interview should be approximately 10 minutes to gather enough information. After the interview is completed, the student will compile a three to four-page paper in current APA format listing the questions used and answers obtained during the interview. A title page and reference page must be included and do not count toward the required length. The paper and presentation must reference at least two scholarly sources that are fewer than five years old and must incorporate biblical principles.
BSN Essential I, II, MLO H, PLO IV
Nursing Peer Interviews Assignment
The student will explore delegation policies as listed on the State Board of Nursing website for the state in which he/she holds a nursing license. The student will then interview three nursing peers in his/her workplace to determine their awareness of delegation policies at the state level. The interviewees will also describe how delegation is handled in their institution of employment. The interview findings must be compiled in a three to four-page document according to the current APA format. A title page and reference page must be included, but do not count toward the required length. The paper must reference at least two scholarly sources that are fewer than five years old and must incorporate biblical principles.
BSN Essential III, VII, MLO C, G, PLO III
Conflict Management Assignment
After reading the case study: A Verbal Explosion Leads to Confrontation of a Problem scenario of the Finkelman text, you will be required to create a 10-12 -slide Adobe Spark Video or Adobe Spark Page presentation (Adobe Spark Tutorial below). The presentation will provide important information on conflict resolution. Your presentation must contain at least two peer-reviewed scholarly research journal articles/sources that are fewer than five years old and include at least 1 biblical reference that applies to conflict resolution. Any sources cited must have been published within the last five years.
BSN Essential II, IV, MLO D, PLO VII
Benchmark Project Assignments (3): Topic Selection, Initial PowerPoint, Final
The student will discuss how the chosen topics from the Leadership Jazz textbook can be used in nursing to improve communication, promote a culture of safety, delegate appropriately, combat the nursing shortage, enhance the magnet environment, and demonstrate teamwork/collaboration while exemplifying the qualities of a servant leader. The benchmark project will be completed in three parts: topic selection, initial PowerPoint, and final.
BSN Essential III, VII, MLO A, PLO II, IV