Liberty NURS 105 Medical Terminology Entire Course
Buy Guided Solution Liberty NURS 105 Medical Terminology Entire Course
This course provides a basic understanding of medical terms and abbreviations. Includes study of prefixes, suffixes, word stems, and technical terms with emphasis on proper spelling, pronunciation, and applications. Elementary aspects of the nursing process with special emphasis on assessment are incorporated. For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please consult Liberty University for details on the requirements for this course.
Clear communication between healthcare providers ensures a safer environment for the clients. Without an understanding of the language used, this communication is not possible. The student will gain the tools upon which to build a broader vocabulary within the discipline by learning the basics of medical terminology, its foundations, and its structure.
Measurable Learning Conclusions:
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Differentiate medical terms according to body systems. LUSON PLO – VII, BSN Essentials – I
- Explain prefixes and suffixes as they apply to identify the meaning of medical terms. LUSON PLO – VII, BSN Essentials – I
- Discuss the importance of accurate application and pronunciation of medical terms. LUSON PLO – VII, BSN Essentials – I
- Define basic principles related to the nursing process. LUSON PLO – VII, BSN Essentials – II
- Define correctly-spelled selected terms. LUSON PLO – VII, BSN Essentials – I
- Define medical abbreviations correctly. LUSON PLO – VII, BSN Essentials – I
- Begin to use medical terms and abbreviations in nursing practice. LUSON PLO – VII, BSN Essentials – I
- Identify accurate spelling and appropriate use of medical terms regarding safe nursing practice. LUSON PLO – VII, BSN Essentials – I
- Employ a personal and professional Christian value system regarding legal and ethical implications related to the proper use of medical terms. LUSON PLO – VII, BSN Essentials – II
- Illustrate ongoing learning to further develop knowledge of medical terms and their application to nursing practice. LUSON PLO – VII, BSN Essentials – II
Course Assignment Explanation:
Textbook readings and presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
- Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to create a thread in response to the provided topic.
- The initial thread must be at least 150 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates’ threads.
- Each reply must be at least 100 words.
Medical Abbreviations Chart Assignment:
The student will create a chart of 20 common medical abbreviations with the long form and definition of each. The chart will also contain an additional 10 abbreviations that must be avoided in practice, including the long form, correct abbreviation, and definition for each abbreviation.
Terminology Flashcards Assignment (2)
The student will be required to create a total of two 25-card study sets throughout the duration of this course. Each study set will be based on terminology acquired through his/her assigned course textbook readings and then submitted to the discussion board area.
The Quiz: Spelling will cover content found in the textbook. The test will be open-book/open-notes, contain 25 multiple-choice questions, allow unlimited attempts, and have a 20-minute time limit. The test will automatically submit at the end of 20 minutes. The highest score will be posted to the grade book.
Professional Development Plan Assignment:
The student will write a 2-page essay in the current APA format answering the following questions:
- How will you plan to continue learning medical terminology?
- What exercises can you do to continue learning medical terminology (e.g., reading, web-based games, etc.)?
- What did you find most difficult, and how can you improve that aspect?
A title page and reference page must be included. However, no abstract is needed, and the essay may be written in the first person.
Entire No. of Quizzes (6)
The student will complete a total of 6 quizzes throughout this course. Each quiz will cover the textbook readings for the module: the week in which it is assigned. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes; contain 45 multiple-choice questions; allow unlimited attempts, and have a 45-minute time limit. Audio questions may be in select quizzes. Please make accommodations for headphones, speakers, etc. The quiz will automatically submit at the end of 45 minutes. The highest score will be posted to the grade book.
Total Tests (2)
The student will complete a total of 2 Tests in this course. Each test will cover the content from the course Reading. Each test will be open-book/open-notes; contain 100 multiple-choice questions, and have a 1-hour and 40-minute time limit.
The student will complete all reading assignments through SmartBook and answer application questions.