Liberty CSCI 561 Ethics Legal Issues and Policy Entire Class
Get Assistance With Liberty CSCI 561 Ethics Legal Issues and Policy Entire Class
Course Overview :
This course covers ethical issues in computer and network security, legal issues, and business policy. It will teach students what the laws are concerning computer and network security, including the legal boundaries for breaking into systems without authorization. It will also cover the issues related to creating security policies for organizations, as well as the ethical responsibilities of protecting the network and computer systems, and the ethical boundaries related to accessing other organizations’ systems.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The misuse of computers and information systems is fundamentally an ethical and legal issue. Understanding how ethics, laws, and policies apply to the cybersecurity situation is crucial to the study of this discipline.
Measurable Learning Outcomes :
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the role of planning, management, policies, procedures, and personnel in protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and computer systems.
- Describe the nature of specific threats, such as malicious code, network attacks, and hostile content.
- Explain the techniques and methodologies of widely used countermeasures to many common threats.
- Assess the legal, ethical, and societal issues associated with computer systems.
- Integrate biblical principles within the field of computer security.
Browse our list of liberty university courses if you need assistance with additional courses.
Course Assignment Description :
Textbook readings and presentations :
Course Requirements Checklist :
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions (4) :
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences.
- Therefore, the student will create a thread in response to the provided promptly for each discussion.
- Each thread must be at least 350 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge.
- In addition to the thread, the student will reply to at least 2 classmates’ threads.
- Each reply must be at least 150 words.
Article Review Assignments (3) :
The student will use the provided template to complete 3 article reviews. Each article review must be at least 750 words, be in current APA format, and demonstrate course-related knowledge with biblical implications.
Policy Research Paper: Topic Proposal and Outline Assignment :
The student will submit a topic proposal and a topical outline in the current APA format for the Policy Research Paper.
Policy Research Paper: Final Assignment :
The student will write a research-based paper of 2750–3250 words that focuses on policy in computer systems and security. The paper must be in the current APA format and must include at least 5 references in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible.
Technology Research Paper: Topic Proposal and Outline Assignment :
The student will submit a topic proposal and a topical outline in the current APA format for the Technology Research Paper.
Technology Research Paper: Final Assignment :
The student will write a research-based paper of 2750–3250 words that focuses on technology in computer systems and security. The paper must be in the current APA format and must include at least 5 references in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible.