Liberty BUSI 770 Strategic Thinking for Decision Making Entire Class
Get Liberty BUSI 770 Strategic Thinking for Decision Making Entire Class
Course Overview :
The advanced study of the process of business strategy development and execution includes the decision traps to avoid and the most effective ways to develop and implement the strategy.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
BUSI 770, building upon the advanced concepts and techniques learned in the preceding courses, provides an advanced perspective on strategic thinking as applied to business strategy, and how to evaluate business strategies—in terms of effectiveness and efficiency—in for-profit, nonprofit, and governmental organizational environments.
The mission of the DBA program is to provide an opportunity for qualified students to attain academic, professional, and practical competence—within the Christian worldview—which prepares students for opportunities and corresponding additional responsibilities beyond the master’s degree level. The DBA program emphasizes practical and real-world applications in both the coursework and the major applied doctoral research project requirements. The vision of the DBA program is to produce graduates with intellectual and professional competencies in the following areas:
- the ability to demonstrate the capacity for reflective and analytical business thinking;
- the ability to draw together relevant concepts and theories from different business disciplines in order to gain a better understanding of the organizational context in which particular problems or opportunities arise;
- the ability to analyze problems and issues arising in business and management contexts, utilizing relevant theories, concepts, and empirical findings;
- the ability to identify and analyze questions and issues in business; and
- the ability to design, implement, and successfully conclude empirical research
Each of the above will be considered in light of biblical principles, and be integrated into the Christian worldview.
The DBA program philosophy supports both the program mission and vision and is as follows. Ph.D. programs in business focus intensively on preparing candidates for academic careers and conducting highly specialized academic research, i.e., the development of new theories in business and other related business fields. Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) programs focus on the application of theory rather than on the development of new theory. While also intended to prepare graduates for academic careers, the DBA, by virtue of its focus on the application of theory, has more practical application in managerial settings than the Ph.D.
Measurable Learning Outcomes :
Course Learning Outcomes :
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Compare the differences and the similarities of strategic thinking business models as they apply to business strategy.
- Evaluate business strategies selected from any of the following: for-profit, nonprofit, or governmental organizational environments.
- Analyze and evaluate a key concept concerning the key concepts of decision-making, strategic thinking, and business strategy using current scholarly literature.
- Integrate the strategic decision-making process in business with a Christian worldview.
Course Assignment Description :
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview at Liberty University.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences.
- Therefore, this course requires 7 distinct discussions.
- Please refer to the Discussion Assignment Instructions provided for each discussion.
Literature Review Assignment :
For this assignment, the student must develop the outline for the literature review. Please refer to the Literature Review Assignment Instructions for details.
For this assignment, the outline generated in the Literature Review: Outline Assignment must be followed, including any feedback from the instructor. Please refer to the Literature Review Assignment Instructions for details.
Literature Review: Draft Submission Assignment :
The Literature Review: Final Submission Assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool. This assignment will allow students to submit a draft of the final submission and make any necessary edits prior to submitting the final assignment.