Liberty BUSI 646 Managing Human Capital in Healthcare Entire Class
Get Liberty BUSI 646 Managing Human Capital in Healthcare Entire Class
Focused on strategically managing human capital in the healthcare environment, students will focus on evaluating human resource management concepts from the perspective of the manager’s role in creating and maintaining a productive health workforce. Students will explore human resource management theory and practice of managing the employment relationship through conducting in-depth analyses of current issues (i.e., recruitment, compensation, motivation, performance, and talent management) related to the strategic management of human capital within the healthcare setting.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The healthcare industry is constantly evolving. Most healthcare organizations are among the largest employers in their community and demand for workers is projected to outpace supply on a national scale. The fundamental field of human resources is impacted by shifting demographics, new technologies, and the growing complexity of accreditation demands and state/federal regulations. The ultimate goal of healthcare human resource management is to leverage human capital resources in an effort to provide efficient and effective value to patients and stakeholders centered on cost, access, and quality of care.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Integrate a biblical worldview when exploring issues related to the management
of human capital in healthcare.
- Synthesize human resource management concepts in the context of the healthcare organization (hypothetical or real world) in creating and maintaining a productive workforce.
- Evaluate key challenges associated with hiring, managing, and retaining
healthcare human capital.
- Assess key human capital-related issues in the provision of healthcare based upon
knowledge of current literature and industry best practices.
Course Assignment Summary
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus at liberty university, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences.
- Therefore, the student is required to create a thread in response to the provided promptly for each discussion.
- The student will post one thread of at least 600 words.
- The student must then post 2 replies of at least 450 words.
- For each thread, the student must support his/her assertions with at least 3 scholarly citations in APA format.
- Each reply must incorporate at least 3 scholarly citation(s) in APA format.
- Any sources cited must have been published within the last five years.
- In addition, the student must integrate a minimum of 2 citations of scriptural support as well as the course textbook in each post/reply.
Research Project Assignment
The student will complete a Research Project comprised of the following parts:
Outline & References Assignment
Each student will complete a full sentence outline in preparation for the Research Project: Final Document Assignment. The outline must include a thesis statement, the research question(s)/issues being addressed, the space allotted to each section of the paper, and a preliminary reference list of at least 20 sources that are less than 5 years old. Each student is required to read all instructor feedback and implement it on future assignments.
Final Document Assignment
Each student will be responsible for constructing and reviewing the final document. Each student will work on a 10–12 page paper that is in the current APA format. The topic of the paper will be selected individually by the student and approved by the instructor.