Liberty BUSI 642 Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management Entire Course
Get Assistance With Liberty BUSI 642 Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management Entire Course
A practical approach designed for the general manager that provides a knowledge base in basic human resource topics, as well as an in-depth analysis of important current issues in the field. Through text readings, case studies, experiential exercises, Internet activities, and research, students will learn to synthesize and integrate theory with application and evaluate the effectiveness of an organization’s human resources.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
No manager can consistently manage effectively or efficiently without a thorough understanding and wise application of human resource management theory. Such knowledge and ability are foundational to the modern practice of management and will also serve as a basis for other MBA courses.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the present and emerging strategic human resource challenges and the aspects of the legal environment including diversity, recruitment, and selection.
- Describe employee separations, downsizing, outplacement, and performance management through recognizing employee rights and the importance of managing discipline and organized labor.
- Evaluate best practices for training, developing, and evaluating employees.
- Evaluate the design and administration of benefits, as well as the development of employee relations.
- Appraise the elements and implications of workplace safety and health, as well as the challenges facing international human resource management (HRM).
- Integrate biblical principles within the field of human resource management.
Course Assignment Description
Video case presentations are designed to enhance the student’s ability to think critically about the course material and evaluate his/her individual understanding of each module/week’s materials. The student should study the Liberty University syllabus before completing the checklist given in the Course Overview.
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in Module/Week 1.
- The student will be participating in 2 Discussions.
- Discussions are collaborative learning experiences.
- Therefore, the student is required to provide a thread of 500750 words in response to the provided promptly for each forum.
- For each Discussion, the student will have the option of selecting between 45 thread prompts.
- In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates’ threads and will be able to respond to either of his/her peers’ posts.
- Each reply must be 250–300 words.
- Each thread and reply must be written in the current APA format and include a minimum of 2 scholarly sources (published within the last 5 years) in addition to the course textbook and biblical integration.
The Case Study Paper Assignment will require the student to create a narrative that addresses provided “critical thinking prompts” in a logical manner and support this narrative by incorporating a minimum of 4 scholarly sources (published within the last 5 years) in addition to the course textbook and biblical integration. The Case Study response must be a minimum of 750 words written in the current APA format and include a title page and a reference page that do not count toward the overall word requirement. The paper will be submitted via SafeAssign.
In preparation for the final research paper, the student will select 4 specific human resource topics to research as if preparing to create a Human Resource policy manual. The student will then be required to research reputable, professional, scholarly journals for information dealing with the content/nature of his/her 4 selected topics and create an annotated bibliography containing all 10 of his/her chosen scholarly sources in the current APA format (published within the last 5 years). A title page must be included that does not count toward the overall page count. A brief article summary of at least 150 words must be supplied for each citation utilized.
The student will research a minimum of 4 specific human resource topics to provide a broad base for researched rationale, supporting the nature and substance of each policy that he/she will then write about. The student will write at least 1,750 words in the current APA format and include a title page, abstract, and reference page that do not count toward the overall word requirement. The research paper must include the 10 specific sources submitted in the annotated bibliography (published within the last 5 years). The student may include additional reputable, professional, scholarly sources, but must use the 10 provided in the annotated bibliography in addition to the textbook and biblical integration.
The student will access the case analysis exercise assignment using his/her CONNECT access (located in Blackboard). Each exercise requires critical thinking and application of the principles presented within the assigned readings for the specific module. The student is permitted to utilize his/her textbook and notes for support while completing these exercises.
Each quiz will cover the Reading & Study material contained within the assigned module. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain 20 multiple-choice questions, and have a 35-minute time limit.