Liberty BUSI 536 Mergers & Acquisitions Entire Course
Purchase Liberty BUSI 536 Mergers & Acquisitions Entire Course
For further courses, see Liberty University.
This course explores the concepts of mergers and acquisitions from financial resources need perspective, determines appropriate acquisitions, and analyzes the restructuring of companies.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
Students earning a graduate degree in finance will be expected to have an understanding of the basic processes, resources needed, and potential financial implications of mergers and acquisitions.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Integrate Christian character qualities in the forming, storming, norming, and performing phases of the strategic planning process.
- Synthesize the knowledge gained from life experience and previous MBA curriculum.
- Evaluate a company’s external industry environment, the sources of power in an industry, the major underlying causes of industry change, and the factors needed by companies to be strategically successful.
- Evaluate strategic options, including what-if analysis.
- Create results-oriented action plans.
- Execute company strategies.
- Formulate strategic plans.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
- For these discussions, the student is required to provide a thread in response to the provided topic for this discussion.
- The thread must be 500–750 words, demonstrate course-related knowledge, and include at least 2 peer-reviews sources and 1 biblical integration.
- In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to at least 2 other classmates threads.
- Each reply must be 450–600 words and include at least 2 peer-reviewed sources and 1 biblical integration.
Homework Assignments (4)
Using the Gaughan text, the student must complete a series of experiential exercises. The student must apply text material to a real organizational situation using the current APA format, the modes of discussion questions, ethical/social issues, small groups, and strategy term project exercises. These exercises must be submitted through the Turnitin link provided in the assigned modules.
No of Quizzes (4)
Each quiz will cover the Learn material for the assigned module. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain 40 multiple choice and true/false questions, and have a 1-hour and 30-minute time limit.
Individual Research Paper Assignment
The student will write a 10-12 page research paper on a topic that is relative to mergers and acquisition theories. The paper must follow the current APA format and utilize at least 5 scholarly resources.
Integration of Faith and Learning Paper Assignment
The student will write an essay that is a minimum of 800 words minimum in the current APA format, explaining how he/she will integrate his/her faith, coupled with policy and strategy theory, all within a business world context.