Liberty BUSI 510 Organizational Behavior in Health Systems Entire Course
Get Liberty BUSI 510 Organizational Behavior in Health Systems Entire Course
Course Detail :
This course will provide the current or future healthcare manager with an overview of issues healthcare administrators will need to address to include diversity, attitudes, perceptions, and effective communication. Motivational and leadership theories, intrapersonal and interpersonal issues, stress, decision-making, conflict/negotiation skills, and group dynamics in the healthcare organization will be addressed. Healthcare managers ultimately play a critical and vital role in how health systems manage change and these aspects will be explored.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The purpose of this Liberty University course is to provide students an opportunity to evaluate the impact of individual and team behavior on the healthcare organization.
Measurable Learning Outcomes :
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate individual motivation, attitudes, and perceptions in the healthcare organization.
- Analyze motivational and leadership theories as applied to the effective health system.
- Assess the impact of stress, conflict, and effective negotiation in the healthcare organization.
- Evaluate the impact of effective group dynamics and team building on healthcare employees’ performance.
- Synthesize the role of the healthcare manager founded on Christian principles.
Course Assignment :
Textbook readings :
Course Requirements Checklist Assignment :
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions (4) :
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences.
- Therefore, the student is required to create a thread in response to the provided prompt for each discussion.
- Each thread must be at least 600 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge and research.
- In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates threads.
- Each reply must be at least 450 words.
- Each thread and each reply must be supported by at least 1 scriptural reference and at least 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly references in addition to the course textbook.
- All sources must have been published within the last 5 years.
- Participants must create a thread in order to view other threads in discussions.
Personality Impact Assignment :
Each student will complete and submit a 10–12 page paper, excluding the title page, abstract, and references, synthesizing the results of their individual Jung Typology Test describing the impact of their personality type on the effectiveness in a healthcare organization. Include scripture-supported rationale for the creation of differing personality types. This paper must be in current APA format and include a minimum of 10 scholarly, peer-reviewed sources, the course textbook, and the Bible.
Applied OB Research Paper Assignment :
The student will research and write a research-based paper formatted in the current APA format that focuses on a selected OB topic. Additionally, the paper must include a synthesis of the role of the healthcare manager founded on Christian principles as related to this topic. The paper must be 10–12 pages excluding the title page, abstract, and references, and include at least 20 scholarly references in addition to the course textbook and Bible.
No of Total Quizzes (4) :
Each quiz will cover the textbook material for the assigned modules: weeks. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain 25 multiple-choice and true/false questions, and have a 45-minute time limit.