Liberty BUSI 508 Career Development in Healthcare Administration Entire Class
Get Assistance With Liberty BUSI 508 Career Development in Healthcare Administration Entire Course
This course will provide an overview of healthcare administration career opportunities ranging from direct care facilities such as hospitals and physician practices, as well to non-direct care entities such as associations, insurance companies, and medical supplier organizations. Evaluating the healthcare management workforce, understanding healthcare management, and healthcare management practice settings will be completed.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The purpose of Liberty University this course is to provide early to mid-career students an opportunity to identify the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to succeed in a health care administrator role as well as review the various positions available in the U.S.-based direct and non-direct care organizations.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate the role of the healthcare administrator in either a direct or non-direct care facility.
- Analyze the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to succeed in a healthcare administrative role.
- Evaluate perspectives of healthcare managers.
- Synthesize the role of the healthcare manager founded on Christian principles.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations.
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences.
- Therefore, the student is required to create a thread in response to the provided prompt for each discussion.
- Each thread must be at least 1,000 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge and research.
- In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates threads.
- Each reply must be at least 450 words.
- Each thread and each reply must be supported by at least 2 scriptural references and at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly references in addition to the course textbook.
- All sources must have been published within the last five years.
Talent Quotient Analysis Assignment
Each student will complete the Talent Quotient analysis Assignment located in Chapter 1 of the course text. Upon completion of the assessment, the student will analyze the results.
Applied Healthcare Management Assignment
The student will identify a direct and non-direct healthcare facility and compare/contrast the organizational structure, missions, and roles of the healthcare administrators in each facility.
Field Activity Project Assignment
The student will complete a 3-part field activity project in APA format that focuses on Career Development in Healthcare Administration.
Field Activity: Field Interview Analysis Assignment
The student will conduct interviews with 2 healthcare administrators in either a direct or non-direct healthcare facility. The student will submit an analysis of the key knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to succeed in the positions. Include the perspectives of the interviewees to serve in the positions.
Field Activity: Resume Review Assignment
The student will conduct research to identify a healthcare administrator position currently available. The position should be one for which the student will be qualified in the next 2-3 years (upon completion of the current degree and required experience). Then, based on the talent quotient quiz analysis, interviews completed and research conducted, the student will create a resume for the identified healthcare administrator position. The student will have a current healthcare administrator review the resume and provide feedback.
Field Activity: Career Development Plan Assignment
The student will submit a career development plan applying the concepts learned in the course.
There are no reviews yet.