Liberty BUSI 506 Legal and Ethical Issues for Health Professionals Entire Course
Get Purchase With Liberty BUSI 506 Legal and Ethical Issues for Health Professionals Entire Course
Course Description :
An examination of contemporary legal and ethical issues encountered by health professionals in the provision and delivery of healthcare products and services. Topics explored include but are not limited to patient-caregiver relationships, high-tech medicine, regulatory compliance, healthcare ethics, criminal aspects of healthcare, corporate structure, patient rights, medical records, and disclosure of patient information in healthcare.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Liberty University
The purpose of this course is to expose the student to a select group of contemporary legal and ethical issues faced by healthcare professionals in today’s environment and to provide the student with the knowledge necessary to recognize legal and ethical problems in the management and provision of healthcare services and interaction with patients. This course endeavors to equip the student with the ability to critically analyze and address legal and ethical issues in the healthcare environment in accordance with a Christian worldview.
Measurable Learning Outcomes :
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Integrate a biblical worldview when evaluating legal and ethical issues related to healthcare.
- Defend how the law protects patient rights and regulates patient-provider relationships, confidentiality, information management, medical malpractice, and other key areas related to the delivery of healthcare services.
- Evaluate the role of ethics in business and clinical decision-making.
- Assess key legal and ethical issues in the provision of healthcare based on knowledge of current literature and industry best practices.
Course Assignment :
Textbook readings and lecture presentations :
Course Requirements Checklist :
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions (3) :
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences.
- The student is required to create a thread in response to the provided prompt for each discussion, then, reply to classmates’ threads.
- Each thread must be at least 1,000 words and demonstrate course-related knowledge and research.
- The student is also required to reply to 2 other classmates threads.
- Each reply must be at least 450 words.
- Each thread and each reply must be supported by at least 3 scholarly references other than the textbook (the final discussion requires the textbook as a fourth reference also).
- All posts also require integration of Scripture.
- Current APA format must be used for in-text and reference list citations.
Homework Assignments (8) :
The student will complete homework assignments for each module in the Navigate 2 system that supports the course textbook. Assignments for each given module are located in the respective weekly folder in the Navigate 2 system. Navigate 2 will be accessed through the Jones and Bartlett Learning website.
ADR in Healthcare Malpractice: Annotated Bibliography Assignment :
The student will complete a research paper in this course. As a building block for the final research paper, the student will complete an annotated bibliography that describes at least 10 scholarly references the student has reviewed. The current APA format must be used.
ADR in Healthcare Malpractice: Research Paper Draft Submission Assignment :
The ADR in Healthcare Malpractice: Research Paper Draft Submission Assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool. This assignment will allow students to submit a draft of the final submission and make any necessary edits prior to submitting the final assignment.
ADR in Healthcare Malpractice: Research Paper Assignment :
The student will write a research-based paper in the current APA format that focuses on malpractice litigation and alternative dispute resolution in healthcare. The paper must be at least 1,500 words and include at least 5 scholarly references in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible.
Total Quizzes (3) :
Each quiz will cover the Learn material for the assigned modules. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain 20 multiple-choice and true/false questions, and have a 30-minute time limit. These quizzes will be completed in the Navigate 2 system that supports the course text. Navigate 2 will be accessed through the Jones and Bartlett website. A link to each quiz is provided in the course.