Liberty BUSI 502 Servant Leadership Entire Class
Help with Liberty BUSI 502 Servant Leadership Entire Class
This course examines the concept of servant leadership from the perspective of leadership theory and applied biblical integration. The course will impart the philosophy of servant leadership.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
This course is part of both the M.A.M.L. and M.B.A. degree programs of Liberty University and is designed to prepare the student for effective leadership in his/her profession by introducing key aspects of servant leadership from research literature and from Scripture. The student will be challenged not only to understand the key ideas associated with servant leadership but also to apply those ideas to his/her own life and to differentiate between a biblical approach to servant leadership and a secular approach.
Measurable Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the concept of servant leadership in theory and practice.
- Identify basic principles of servant leadership defined by various authors.
- Analyze servant leadership theories.
- Correlate servant leadership relationships with business constructs.
- Compare and contrast servant leadership with biblical principles.
- Identify core practical attributes of servant leadership.
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
The student will complete 3 Discussions in this course.
- The student will post one thread of at least 350-400 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Tuesday of the assigned Module: Week.
- The student must then post 2 replies of at least 200-250 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of the assigned Module: Week.
- For each thread, students must support their assertions with at least 2 scholarly citations in the current APA format.
- Each reply must incorporate at least 1 scholarly citation in the current APA format.
- Any sources cited must have been published within the last five years.
- Additional acceptable sources include textbooks, course lectures, presentations, the Bible, etc.).
Biblical Integration Project Assignment
Each student will submit his/her 750-word paper on the topic prompt. The paper requires citations in the current APA format from all required course readings, presentations, and Scripture. The paper will be submitted through Turnitin.
Leadership Research Paper Assignment
This is an individual assignment. Each student will interview a servant leader of a large organization (NOTE: for the purpose of diversity, leaders from Liberty University and Thomas Road Baptist Church are not eligible). The student will then write a 7–10 page research paper in current APA format with at least 15 outside scholarly sources as well as all the required course reading. The final paper will be submitted in Turnitin.
Servant Leadership Journal Assignment
Each student will compose a journal by answering weekly assigned questions from the reading. Even though this assignment is due at the end of the course, it is highly recommended that the student works on it as he/she proceeds through the course.
No of Total Quizzes (3)
There are 3 open-book/open-note quizzes in this course. The quizzes will cover textbook readings, Bible readings, and presentations. Each quiz will have 25 multiple-choice questions and a 50-minute time limit.