Liberty BMIS 603 Business Simulation and Modeling Entire Course
Get Online Assistant With Liberty BMIS 603 Business Simulation and Modeling Entire Course
Course Brief Overview:
This course introduces students to the concepts of business process improvement and principles of lean thinking. This course will address the historical reasons behind the structure of organizations. Students will learn to analyze and re-conceptualize the organization in terms of business processes and how to use that knowledge to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency. For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to Liberty University.
It is a belief that by looking at business processes that cut across functional areas, future IS managers will be able to understand the organization, its customers, suppliers, and partners as a progression of related and integrated complex systems. An example is the processes that span multiple organizations, especially the processes that are associated with supply chain management. The business process approach permits the study of individual processes within the organization to determine the degree to which they add value to the firm. In so doing, the student learns about how the various portions of the firm (and its outsourcers and contractors) are interconnected with one another. (ACM, MSIS – 2006)
Measurable Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the relevance of course material and the use of technology to a biblical worldview.
- Differentiate organizational structure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Evaluate simulation and modeling processes as they apply to business.
- Formulate relevant business simulation models.
- Construct an appropriate modeling system to solve existing business problems.
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
- The student will complete 4 Discussions in this course.
- The student will post one thread of at least 500 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday of the assigned Module: Week.
- The student must then post 2 replies of at least 200 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of the assigned Module: Week. For each thread, students must support their assertions with at least 2 citations in APA format.
- Each reply must incorporate at least 1 citation in APA format.
- Any sources cited must have been published within the last five years. Acceptable sources are scholarly articles.
The student will submit BPMN Assignments for a real-world business process, utilizing the ARIS Express software.
The student will complete a Simulation Assignment which is a simulation model. At the completion of the simulation, the student will write a reflection paper on the learning experience.
Capstone Project Proposal Assignments:
The student will submit their Capstone Project Proposal Assignments. This will include developing a feasible problem statement, research question, review of related literature, and comparison of appropriate methods to carry out the research.