Help With Liberty NURS 766 Advanced Evaluation Strategies for Nurse Educators Entire Course
This course provides an overview of theories on educational measurement and evaluation. Methods of evaluating teaching effectiveness, student learning, and student performance are explored with emphasis on test construction and analysis. For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
The prerequisites for this course are listed on Liberty University‘s website.
This course is designed to prepare the nurse educator with advanced assessment and evaluation strategies for use in education. The nurse educator will be equipped to write test items, analyze test items, and will be knowledgeable in special interests related to testing and other methods of evaluation.
Observable Learning Conclusions:
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the qualities of effective assessment procedures in nursing education. (DNP PLO 2; NLN 1, 4)
- Create a systematic plan for developing a test. (DNP PLO 1; NLN 3, 4)
- Discuss social, ethical, and legal considerations related to evaluation methods. (DNP PLO 6; NLN 3)
- Design a test that contains a variety of question formats that address all domains of learning. (DNP PLO 1; NLN 3)
- Analyze the results of a nursing test based on statistical methods. (DNP PLO 2; NLN 3)
- Develop a clinical evaluation tool that will assess student learning and performance in the clinical area. (DNP PLO 6; NLN 3)
- Appraise the value of the Christian worldview in evaluating nursing student performance. (DNP PLO 7; NLN 3)
Course Assignment Summary:
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Entire Discussions Sessions (3)
- Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to submit a thread in response to the provided prompt.
- The thread must be at least 500 words and be supported by two peer-reviewed journal articles in addition to the course textbook and the Bible.
- In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to two classmates’ threads.
- Each reply must be at least 250 words.
- The student must support each thread and reply with at least one different peer-reviewed journal article must be referenced for each reply in the current APA format.
Teacher Competency: Assessment Paper Assignment
The student will write a 3-4 page paper in current APA format to cover the Standards of Teacher Competence in the Educational Assessment of Students and apply learned knowledge to personal assessments of students in both the classroom and clinical settings. Two SMART goals will be created to support growth in assessment competencies.
Teacher Competency: Developing Course Objectives Paper Assignment
- Unit or Course Learning Objectives are the goals that a student should achieve at the end of the unit or course.
- In a didactic course, most objectives are cognitive, while in a clinical course, objectives will be cognitive, psychomotor, and affective.
- This assignment allows the student to create learning objectives in all three domains and develop creative assignments for assessment.
Teacher Competency: Test Creation Paper Assignment
- Assessment of student knowledge can be accomplished in a variety of methods, one of which is the examination.
- Nurse Educators must be aware of the benefits of the various testing methods as well as associated disadvantages.
- This assignment allows the student to review multiple testing methods as well as connect learning objectives, examinations, and assessments to success on the NCLEX-RN exam.
Teacher Competency: Test Administration and Analysis Paper Assignment
The student will write a 7–10 page research-based paper in the current APA format that focuses on test administration, analysis, and review.
Personal Philosophy of Grading Paper Assignment
The student will write a 5–7 page research-based paper in the current APA format that focuses on his/her personal philosophy of grading.
Teacher Competency: Clinical Assessment Paper Assignment
Assessing students in the clinical setting allows faculty to ensure safe care is provided to each patient/client. Additionally, student application of classroom content can be evaluated in the clinical setting. Students will be able to connect the clinical objectives to the clinical experience in this assignment.
Clinical Evaluation Tool Assignment
The student will develop a clinical evaluation tool using the NCLEX and nursing process as a cross-reference.
Total No. of Quizzes (2)
Each quiz will cover the course material for the assigned modules. Each quiz will be open-book/open-notes, contain 15 multiple-choice questions, and have a 1-hour time limit.