Buy Guided Liberty NURS 722 Nursing Theory Development Entire Course
Course Brief Overview:
This course examines the nature of nursing knowledge and the development of its underpinnings. Various approaches to concept and/or theory development, analysis, and evaluation are examined and applied. The course explores the connections between research, theory, and practice as it relates to the development of nursing knowledge.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog. If you want guidance choosing prerequisite courses at Liberty University, look over my list of choices.
This course will provide the student with the ability to enhance his or her understanding of nursing knowledge development so that he or she will be able to apply that knowledge in his or her future research.
Measurable Learning Results:
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Articulate the development of nursing knowledge and its underpinnings. PLO 1
- Analyze various approaches to theory development. PLO 1
- Analyze a theory related to a phenomenon of interest. PLO 1
- Explore the connection between theory, research, and practice. PLO 1
- Articulate a Christian worldview while examining a selected nursing theory as it relates to a phenomenon of interest. PLO 3
- Evaluate nursing theory development from a Christian worldview. PLO 3
Course Homework Description:
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in the Course Overview.
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to provide a thread in response to the provided promptly for each discussion. Each thread must demonstrate course-related knowledge and answer each element of the discussion prompt. In addition to the thread, the student is required to reply to 2 other classmates’ threads. (MLO A-F).
The student will develop a table focusing on essential elements of the theory, defining and providing examples from nursing literature. (MLO A, B, C, E, F)
Major Methods of Concept Analysis Assignment
Students will develop a presentation that identifies the purpose of concept analysis and describes the steps of analysis. Students will compare and contrast the major methods for concept analysis (MLO A & B).
The student will develop a concept analysis on a selected concept as they pertain to nursing. Students will select one of the major methods of concept analysis and complete the analysis on the selected concept. The student must write 3-5 pages in the current APA format and include at least 6 – 8 peer-reviewed references (MLO A, B, C, E, F).
- The student will select a nursing theory. Describe in detail the theory and all components of the theory.
- Summarize the development of the particular theory.
- The student may select one of the theories within the text or another nursing theory of her selection.
- Analyze how the theory could be utilized to research a phenomenon of interest to you.
- Describe how a Christian worldview can be applied to the selected nursing theory and phenomenon of interest (MLO A, C, D, E, F)
Article Critique Worksheet Assignment
Using the provided Article Critique Worksheet, the student will critique the article, identify the theory utilized in the framework of the study, describe the use of the theory to guide the research, and identify the implications of the research (MLO C & D).