Get Assistance With Liberty NURS 721 Leadership Policy and Ethics Entire Class
Check trough my list of options if you would like help in finding required courses at Liberty University.
For information regarding prerequisites for this course, please refer to the Academic Course Catalog.
Nurses prepared as practice scholars are called upon to provide leadership and facilitation of change in today’s complex healthcare arena. Skills of innovation and challenging the status quo are expected from contemporary leaders. This course provides the DNP student an opportunity to explore and interact with advanced leadership theories, in addition to examining pertinent policy-related healthcare issues within the context of ethical decision-making.
Measurable Learning Conclusions:
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze contemporary organizational leadership theories and approaches that support effective communication, improved patient safety and outcomes, and efficient delivery of care (PLO: 2,3,5,7. DNP Essentials: II, NONPF: Leadership Competencies: 1,2; Health Delivery System Competencies: 1,2,3,5,6,7).
- Compare scholarly literature regarding consultative and collaborative approaches to operational and clinical leadership that support process change and innovation in the current health care environment (PLO: 2,3,5,7. DNP Essentials: II, NONPF: Leadership Competencies: 1,2; Health Delivery System Competencies: 1,2,3,5,6,7).
- Examine the APN role within the context of health care reform, public education, health policy development, and advocacy (PLO: 3,7. DNP Essentials: V, NONPF: Policy Competencies: 1,2,3,4,5).
- Analyze domestic and global health policy concerns from an ethical, moral, and Christian worldview perspective (PLO: 3,7. DNP Essentials V, NONPF: Policy Competencies: 1,2,3,4,5; Quality Competency: 4; Ethics Competencies: 1,2,3).
- Formulate a clinically-oriented change plan based on scholarly evidence, demonstrating utilization of effective organizational leadership strategies, professional communication, health policy and advocacy, and ethical decision making (PLO: 2,3,5,7. DNP Essentials II & V, NONPF: Leadership Competencies: 1,2,3,5; Health Delivery System Competencies: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7; Quality Competency: 5).
Course Assignment Summary:
Textbook readings and lecture presentations
Course Requirements Checklist
After reading the Course Syllabus and Student Expectations, the student will complete the related checklist found in Module/Week 1.
Total No. of Discussions Sessions (4)
Discussions are collaborative learning experiences. Therefore, the student is required to provide a thread in response to the provided prompt for each forum. The student will also be required to reply to at least 2 classmates’ threads. Each thread will be evaluated based on the depth and breadth of the discussion. (MLO: A, B, D)
Emotional Intelligence Assignment:
You will write an 8–10-page research- and reflective-based paper in the current APA format that focuses on emotional intelligence. The paper must include at least 6–8 references in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible. (MLO: A, B, E)
Leadership and Change Theory Synthesis Assignment:
The student will write a 12–15-page research-based paper in the current APA format that focuses on leadership and change theory. The paper must include at least 10–12 references in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible. (MLO: A, B, E)
Group Electronic Presentation Project Topic Identification Assignment:
You will be assembled by the professor into teams and work as a group to propose a new policy or policy change for a contemporary health-related public policy or professional clinical practice-related policy issue impacting advanced nursing practice. This is a 2-part, 2-week, group assignment. For this first part of the project, you will write a 3-4-page paper together. The paper should identify an area for domestic or global health policy development or change and include a strong, compelling rationale supporting the need for the policy enactment or change. At least 8 references in support of the topic must be provided in the current APA format.
Group Electronic Presentation Project Assignment:
Students will be assembled in teams and work as a group (virtual, in a manner chosen by the group) to prepare an electronic presentation illustrating a contemporary health-related public policy or professionally related policy with the associated impact on nursing practice. The presentation must be 15–20 minutes if streamed (such as YouTube), or 30 slides (such as PowerPoint). There must also be 12–15 scholarly, peer-reviewed references reflected in the presentation and provided in an APA reference page format. (MLO: C, D, E)